Saturday, December 15, 2012

 
Such a great day to stay in and make Christmas Chutney using a recipe I found on Tales from a happy house blog, that I found through Bunny Mummy....
 
 
Some of the ingredients I used........
 
 
Which just smelled sooooo yummy......having it tonight with homemade meatballs and steamed brocolli....should make for a colorful plate don't you think??
 


He is of no help but he sure is cute to look at. Willie is my 12 and 3/4 old border collie.
 
 
 
 
I then went on to can 9 jelly jars of this Chutney to give as gifts for Christmas. After it simmered for around an hour the whole house spicy and homey.  I did not use the zest of an orange rather I chopped up 2 large peeled oranges. After I got done putting all into jars I was able to have a "sample" before washing up and it almost had kind of a meaty taste?? It is not going to be as tart as the other I made this moring.
 


Such an array of ingredients......apples, dried cranberries, onions, pepper, vinegar, spices, sugar.....
 
I love trying and making new things. Tomorrow I am going to make Yorkshire Parkin. Which would be similar to our molasses bread.  I read about it on one of the English blogs I follow. I had to order a couple of ingredients from Amazon.com for that. I will post all when finished along with the recipe.
 
 
Now off to try and crochet a few snowflakes for my Christmas bags....HO  HO  HO
 
 
 



 
 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Janie.

    Thanks so much for visiting my blog and your kind comment. I do hope you like the chutney! The taste is quite strong - it's very good with creamy cheese, or cold meats.

    Gillian x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your comments. Stop by again!!

Janie